We will not ship firearms to individuals who have potentially fraudulent transactions or to addresses that are not FFL’s. Transactions involving shipments of restricted items into states that prohibit them or discrepancies between shipping and billing addresses will be investigated and canceled at our discretion with refunds issued for the purchase.
Information regarding State and local restrictions, laws and ordinances presented on this page is accurate to the best of our knowledge at the present time. Regardless of this disclaimer, the laws, ordinances and other legalities — whether local or federal — for firearms, ammunition and certain other items are subject to change, without notice to Rainier Arms. As such, YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY VIOLATION OF LAWS IN YOUR STATE. VIOLATIONS OF THESE LAWS MAY SUBJECT YOU TO CIVIL OR CRIMINAL PENALTIES. BE SURE TO CHECK CURRENT LAWS IN YOUR STATE PRIOR TO PURCHASE.
Additionally, if a Buyer does not have a High Capacity Permit, or is not otherwise exempt from state regulations (e.g. is an Active Law Enforcement Officer or a Dealer with FFL License) to accept restricted items, then the Buyer’s order will be canceled and refunded.
California – 10rd Magazines restrictions on All Firearms, Flash Hider and Compensator
Colorado – 15rd Magazines restrictions on All Firearms
Connecticut – 10rd Magazines restrictions on All Firearms
D.C. – 10rd Magazines restrictions on All Firearms
Hawaii – 10rd Magazines restriction on Handguns Only
Maryland – 10rd Magazines on All Firearms, Heavy Barrels
Massachusetts – 10rd Magazines on All Firearms
New Jersey – Prohibitions
The following items are prohibited in New Jersey:
I. Shotgun prohibitions
A. A semi-automatic shotgun with a magazine capacity exceeding six rounds, a folding stock or a pistol grip.
B. Permissions — Shotgun
(1) Black powder / Muzzle-loading shotguns must be shipped to a NJ FFL for transfer.
II. Handgun prohibitions
A. Semi-automatic handguns that have the ability to accept a detachable magazine (i.e. non-revolver handguns) and at least two (2) of the following:
(1) Magazine that attaches outside of the pistol grip
(2) Threaded barrel
(3) Barrel shroud
(4) Manufactured weight of 50oz or more when the pistol is unloaded
(5) Semi-automatic version of an automatic firearm
(1) All handguns, except prohibited handguns detailed above, and regardless of the nature of operation, to include a propelling force that is centerfire; rimfire; black powder; compressed air, gas or vapor; spring-operation; or by elastic band must transfer via FFL.
(2) Starter pistols incapable of expelling any type of bullet or missile are exempt from the FFL transfer requirement.
III. Rifle prohibitions
A. Semi-automatic rifles that can receive a detachable magazine and have at least two (2) of the following:
(1) Folding/telescopic stock
(2) Pistol grip
(3) Bayonet lug
(4) Flash suppressor
(5) Threaded barrel
(6) Grenade launcher
B. Permitted items:
Beretta CX4 carbine
Colt Match Target Series
Springfield M1A(post 1994 mfg)–either with the flash hider or the CA version with muzzle brake
Black powder / Muzzle-loading rifles must be shipped to a NJ FFL for transfer.
Semi-automatic rifles capable of firing only .22 caliber rimfire ammunition in a tubular magazine are exempt
IV. Ammunition/Accessory Prohibitions
A. Magazines exceeding 10 rounds.
B. Handgun Ammunition Qualifier:
Handgun ammunition is defined by New Jersey Law as ammunition specifically designed to be used only in a handgun. For purchase of handgun ammunition, the purchaser must present a valid firearms purchasers identification card, a valid permit to purchase a handgun, or a valid permit to carry a handgun.
C. No stun guns or TASERs
D. No defense sprays
V. LAW ENFORCEMENT/RETIRED LAW ENFORCEMENT RULES
A. ACTIVE law enforcement may purchase non-compliant rifles, shotguns, handguns or hi-cap magazines over ten rounds.
B. Stun guns, TASERs, and Defense Spray are legal for LE if officer is exempted from statute by NJ Attorney General.
C. Retired police officers authorized to possess and carry a handgun in New Jersey may continue to possess and carry a handgun magazine [no rifle or shotgun magazines] capable of holding up to 15 rounds.
VI. Specific Firearm Prohibitions: A. New Jersey list of specified, prohibited / banned “Assault Weapons”, to include any firearm manufactured under any designation which is substantially identical to any of the firearms listed below:
(1) Algimec AGM1 type
(2) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder such as the “Street Sweeper” or “Striker 12”
(3) Armalite AR-180 type
(4) Australian Automatic Arms SAR
(5) Avtomat Kalashnikov type semi-automatic firearms
(6) Beretta AR-70 and BM59 semi-automatic firearms
(7) Bushmaster Assault Rifle
(8) Calico M-900 Assault carbine and M-900
(9) CETME G3
(10) Chartered Industries of Singapore SR-88 type
(11) Colt AR-15 and CAR-15 series
(12) Daewoo K-1, K-2, Max 1 and Max 2, AR 100 types
(13) Demro TAC-1 carbine type
(14) Encom MP-9 and MP-45 carbine types
(15) FAMAS MAS223 types
(16) FN-FAL, FN-LAR, or FN-FNC type semi-automatic firearms
(17) Franchi SPAS 12 and LAW 12 shotguns
(18) G3SA type
(19) Galil type Heckler and Koch HK91, HK93, HK94, MP5, PSG-1
(20) Intratec TEC 9 and 22 semi-automatic firearms
(21) M1 carbine type
(22) M14S type
(23) MAC 10, MAC 11, MAC 11-9mm carbine type firearms
(24) PJK M-68 carbine type
(25) Plainfield Machine Company Carbine
(26) Ruger K-Mini-14/5F and Mini-14/5RF
(27) SIG AMT, SIG 550SP, SIG 551SP, SIG PE-57 types
(28) SKS with detachable magazine type
(29) Spectre Auto carbine type
(30) Springfield Armory BM59 and SAR-48 type
(31) Sterling MK-6, MK-7 and SAR types
(32) Steyr A.U.G. semi-automatic firearms
(33) USAS 12 semi-automatic type shotgun
(34) Uzi type semi-automatic firearms
(35) Valmet M62, M71S, M76, or M78 type semi-auto firearms
(36) Weaver Arm Nighthawk
New York – 10rd Magazines on All Firearms
Rainier Arms Procedure:
If you do not have a High Capacity Permit or is non-Law Enforcement or a Dealer with FFL license to
accept these restricted items your order will be canceled and refunded.